June 20, 2008

Burning a Disc-Capacity more than 702MB

. June 20, 2008

I was reading about Vixta, the open source version of Vista, found it in here
at
Linux Is Copying Windows Vista, I happened to download it, which was 711MB
in size an iso image.

The next task was to burn a CD, and thats where all
the problem started.
Normal CDs can burn 702MB, but for this task, we need a
bigger size, the available version of CDR is 99Min/870MB.
meanwhile Nero in
(most cases) normal settings will not burn it. We need some changes in our Nero
settings to burn that size. I thought it might be helpful for others as well if
I post it here. I goggled and found this procedure, which is very
useful.

In Nero, Select Nero burning ROM
Click file, Select
Preferences, got to Expert Features Tab
Enable Disc-at-once CD overburning,
Apply
In menu click Recorder, Select burn Image, choose Image
In the very
Next appearing window (Burn Compilation) in Burn Tab
Choose Disc-at-once in
Write Method, and Click Burn.

This worked fine for me, Added here for all
users information, in case someone (like me) does not have information, how to
handle and burn Discs more than 702MB size.
(Found this helpful topic at
cdfreaks.com)

Related Posts by Categories



0 comments:

 
Namablogkamu is proudly powered by Blogger.com | Template by L-W